Custom creations handcrafted by Blue Sky Design.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sweet Swarovski…

I don’t know if you’ve ever seen Swarovski crystal sparkling in the sunlight but I think it is a wonderful sight!

Wedding jewelry has the ability to make you feel like royalty on one of the most important days of your life. I remember wearing my tiara on my wedding day… I loved the feeling of it and still put it on once in a while! Even though I had dreamed of being a princess when I was very little I never thought I would want a tiara for my wedding day. Once I had one on I quickly changed my mind!

A few years ago a dear friend of mine was planning her wedding. She* and I ran off to a designer dress shop in town the first chance we got, it’s not every day you get to try on creped silk! She had never intended on wearing a tiara since it was so ‘girly’ but once she had a gorgeous designer dress on the tiara became the perfect accessory. A princess appeared right before my eyes!! I knew right away that I wanted to make a tiara for her… the only problem? I had never made one before!

It came together wonderfully; the sparkle of the clear crystals as well as dark and light purple crystals (the bride’s favourite colour) combined with small fresh water pearls was perfect. The best part was the look on her face when she opened the box!



*I’ve left her name out in order to protect her privacy… which is also why there is a photo of a disembodied wedding hairdo.

I am always open to designing custom wedding jewelry. A single item or a matching set, whatever you desire! You can contact me by leaving a comment with your contact info or emailing me through the info in my profile. You can also contact me through my Etsy shop.

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful!
I've always wanted to wear a tiara..
just to feel like a princess! This really is gorgeous!

Nikita said...

Thanks Heidi! I loved making it!

It really is a great feeling to wear one... It's also fun! No one can disagree or say no to a girl in a tiara!!!

Bonghi Nautra said...

how beautiful!

Nikita said...

Thanks bonghi!

ThePeachTree said...

Oh my goodness! How absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Nikita said...

Thank you thank you thank you!! :D

Sandy said...

gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous :-)

TexasTesla said...

Beautiful work! I do love wedding jewelry - the chance to be sparkly and over the top, and simply more gorgeous for all of it.

Nemo said...

Beautiful designs... thanks for your comment on my blog about Stela...
and good luck!